The SmokeHouse Barbecue & Saloon is located in the DeLashmutt Building, which was erected in 1890, following a major fire in the downtown district.
It served as the Shoshone County Courthouse from 1898 – 1905 when a new structure was built one block east. Before that, it housed Segar’s Stationary Store and the Wallace Post Office.
Since 2005 the ground floor of the building has been turning out delicious, true blue Bar B que and authentic Cajun dishes after being taken over by Sheila Jenkins & Max Storch. Sheila,
who was born and raised in Covington, LA., brings all of her knowledge and love for the art of Cajun cooking which she learned when she was a youngin’.
Max, who hails from Detroit Lakes, MN., did a three-year stint in Memphis where he learned the ropes of the smoker from some of the best pit-masters in the world.